Vaccines are important for keeping dogs and cats protected from disease. Our vaccinations are administered on an individual basis, determined by the needs and lifestyle of each pet. The variety of vaccines that we have available include:
- FVRCP: Rhinotracheitis, Calici, Panleukopenia. Given at 6 and 9 weeks.
- Rabies: Same as canine rabies
- FeLuk: Feline Leukemia. Highly recommended for any indoor/outdoor cat.
- Rabies: Protects your pet from the very serious threat of rabies. Erath County is always one of the most endemic counties in Texas for rabies positive cases. Given at 15-16 weeks of age. We give a 1 year vaccine.
- DAPP: Distemper, Adenovirus Type 2, Parainfluenza, and Parvovirus (aka the “puppy shot”). We give 2 rounds of DAPP and 2 round of DHLP at ages 6, 9, 12, and 15 weeks. Then the animal is good for 1 year.
- DHLP: The same as above but with 4 different strains of Leptospirosis added. The bacteria that cause leptospirosis are spread through the urine of infected animals, which can get into water or soil and can survive there for weeks to months. Many different kinds of wild and domestic animals carry the bacterium.
- Bordetella (Kennel Cough): Required for grooming/boarding. Adenovirius type 2, parainfluenza, bordetella bronchiseptica. Given at 12 weeks or older. Needs one and then boosted in 21 days. Good for 1 year.
- Lyme: Borrelia Burgdorferi Bacterin. Given at 16 weeks and older; needs one and then boosted in 21 days. Good for 1 year.
- Rattlesnake: Crotalus Atrox. Given at 16 weeks and older; needs one and then boosted in 21 days. Then good for 1 year.